Saturday, June 22, 2013

Has the Alberta Flood Affected Your Wedding?

A little bit of heart to heart first: I have lived in Calgary all my life. I am one of the few people that was born and raised in Calgary. (People are usually surprised when I tell them. Not sure why?) The flooding in Calgary was shocking to me. I remember seeing pictures and videos of floods in China, Japan, and the US. But this time, the flood is in my hometown and I recognize the places. Although, I am sadden a lot of people suffered from this event, I am thankful for all the emergency personnel that assisted with evacuating people from their homes to safety.

Saddledome flooding in Calgary, 2013
Photo Credit: Global News

As I was watching the news and checking twitter for updates, it dawned on me that some brides might be getting married this weekend! If you are one of these brides and is currently stressing over your wedding, don't sweat it. There is no way you could have predicted mother nature would (could?) threaten your wedding day.

Here are some coping tips: If your venue is waterlogged, just reschedule your wedding. It gives you even more time to make your wedding favors just perfect. Plus, more of your guests will be able to attend and be happy for you. (They might be victims of the flood.) If some of your vendors can't show up (cause they are also victims of the flood), remember vendors are just hired to enhance your wedding. Your wedding can go on without some of us. Now, if your marriage commissioner can't make it, just say your vows to each other in front of your guests and sign the papers later. Enjoy your wedding day even if it wasn't what you imagined, make the best of it and get married! Don't sweat the small (wedding) details and focus on marrying your sole mate.


Photo Credit: Wedding Photo Gallery

Calgarians have BIG hearts, including the ones in the wedding industry. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Stay safe and dry everyone!

~Monica
Owner and Lead Designer @Wishahmon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...