Wednesday, May 22, 2013

DIY Project: I Heart Twine Art

Years ago, we were doing home renovations and I was at Home Depot when I made the following statement: I need a new hammer. The one you gave me is too girly. Needless to say, my BF was totally impressed and helped me pick out my own "manly" hammer.

Not to jinx myself, but I have never hit my fingers or thumb with a hammer before. Growing up I had always helped my dad with various home projects. I think he enjoyed teaching me how to use tools because he had (secretly) wanted a son. Well, I was all he had and I think I did a pretty good job assisting as his "son".

I like working with tools but more so when I am working on a cute project. I found a tutorial through Green Wedding Shoes on how to make a really cute heart out of twine.

Does anyone want one of these hearts? I am dying to make one! I already have wood, nails, and my manly hammer. If there are takers, contact me!! I just need to buy twine or yarn!

~Monica
Owner and Lead Designer
@Wishahmon

DIY string heart art

Although not pictured, the first steps are to find/cut a piece of wood, sand it down smooth, and stain/paint it.

DIY string heart art

DIY string heart art

DIY giant string heart

Photo Credit: Katherine Elizabeth Photography
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...