Thursday, December 20, 2012

2012 Year in Review

This blog post was spurred when facebook asked me if I wanted to see my year in review. Honestly, my personal life is quite intertwined with what's happening with Wishahmon. So, I thought it would be fun to share ten things that happened to Wishahmon that was not quite epic (in most eyes) but made me really happy. Many thanks to all my readers for the support over the past year too!

1) We started off the year with one of our most popular blog posts: Balloons and Weddings! I was so excited to hear from a bride in November that she was inspired by this blog post and decided to incorporate balloons for her wedding in 2013. Learning that I have blog readers and I inspired a bride totally made my day!



2) We helped Ruby Woo with designing their booth at the Wedding Fair and won Best Bridal Booth!


3) Krista came on board and started to put her spin on weddings! We can't wait for her return!



4) We launched Wishahmon Glorious Gowns to help brides find their "dream gown at a fraction of retail price." It was so exciting to launch this aspect of Wishahmon that one day I wasn't walking properly, fell, and broke my foot! I was in a cast for 10 weeks and couldn't do much promoting. When I took my cast off, I had an awesome tan line and the brides started to come on by! Small victories!


5) We started Pinning on Pinterest and instagraming on Instagram. In addition to sharing our thoughts through our blog posts, we are now sharing what we see that makes us smile.

 

6) As part of Wishahmon - Event Creations, we got asked to design the stage for the New Talent Singing Awards for the second year in a row. I got really close to Pakho Chou, he smiled AT me, and I immediately became a fan. My friend even found the courage within her and got up on stage to give him her cowboy hat. Swooon...


7) One of our summer weddings got an "awesome job!" from the Mayor of Calgary, Mr. Naheed Nenshi!



8) After 10 months of planning as a committee member, the annual fundraiser gala for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Hope Gala - Sky's the Limit raised $430,000.



9) After several months of hard work and meeting brides, we made our first sale at Wishahmon - Glorious Gowns in November!


10) We finally figured out a blogging schedule and (kind of) stuck with it. (Baby steps) Mondays are for guest bloggers; Tuesdays are"Tasty Tuesdays" reserved for all things yummy; Thursdays are "Thematic Thursdays" for all decor inspirations and tips; Fridays are "Fashion Fridays" for all things glamorous; and Saturdays we started a new segment detailing Carisa and Richard's wedding planning adventures. We can't wait for their wedding in August of 2013!



Lots of exciting things in 2012! We are approaching 2013 with open minds and open hearts. As always we are going to treat all things and people that cross our paths in the most positive manner. We look forward to all the new experiences, opportunities, and relationships! Wishing everyone a prosperous new year!

~Monica
Owner and Lead Designer
@Wishahmon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...