Wednesday, August 1, 2012

New Talent Singing Awards - Calgary 2012

The New Talent Singing Awards - Calgary Region (NTSA) is a great opportunity for talented youngsters to have a shot at getting a recording contract in Hong Kong. (I say "youngsters" because I have exceeded the age limit a couple of years ago. My "talent" is debatable!) This competition is held every year at the Jack Singer Concert Hall in July. This year during Stampede!

This is the second year that I have been asked to design the stage for this event. Last year's theme was "Young and Active Youths." This year we wanted a design that was more industrial with some color. This what we came up with! Like last year, I learned a lot from the crew at the Jack Singer Concert Hall. They taught me a lot regarding set ups and use of colors and lights. They are absolutely the most talented and patient crew I have ever worked with. I hope to be able to work with them again!

Another bonus this year was the special guest singer from Hong Kong, Mr. Pakho Chau. He was amazing (and cute!) I became an instant fan of his. I had invited a couple of my friends to watch the show with me. I had no idea until that night that one of my closest friends was a HUGE fan of his. With some encouragement from the rest of us, we convinced her to go up on stage and present a cowboy hat to Pakho. In return he gave her a HUGE hug. Doesn't he look cute as an honorary cowboy?

~Monica








No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...